Some things have happened recently (I mean, you wouldn’t guess by the title), so I thought I’d blog about them.
But before we start: I have a JamList which was meant to be uploaded last week, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I couldn’t do so. I thought it would be rude not to because I put so much effort into it, and I don’t put much effort into many things, and because it has hit me that when I like a song, it becomes popular a long while later, and I just feel annoyed that everyone likes it so late. Obviously that’s not the people’s fault, not everyone has exquisite music taste as I, but the most I can do is blog about it and be all like ‘what was that? Heard that months ago, in your face suckaz’.
- Surrender – Shouting At Planes: So I started watching Teen Wolf (almost finished Season 3 my peoples), and from the first episode, I discovered that the soundtrack was on point. And since I have Spotify, and there are user-created playlists for pretty much everything, and also entire soundtracks, I figured that there was a pretty good chance that there would be something related on there. And what did I find? An entire user-created playlist, with over 200 songs. I shuffled, and found this song. I liked it and saved it, but didn’t give it much thought. But then it came up in an episode I was watching and I was like ‘I know this, where do I know this?’ and I found it and played it non-stop. Cute story for you there. They’re Irish.
- Let Me Hold You (Turn Me On) [feat. Dante Klein] – Cheat Codes: Was going through a summer playlist, and clicked on this because Cheat Codes (self-explanatory), and when I heard the lyrics to Turn Me On, I was pretty much hooked, because I love that song so much. Turn Me On by Kevin Lyttle is basically my childhood in a song. And the drop/hook/whatever you want to call it, is pretty good too. Love love love.
- Feel (feat. Sena Sener) – Mahmut Orhan: I not only discover songs via Spotify, I also discover songs from Shazam. On the mobile app, they have this feature where you can see what people are shazaming round the world, which I really like. I think I found this particular song in Russia. It is so catchy, stuck in my head constantly.
- CAPSIZE – FRENSHIP and Emma Warren: Took me a while to remember how I found this song because it was quite a while ago, but it was something to do with yet another Spotify playlist, I hadn’t heard of wither of the artists, I just added it by chance, and I loved it instantly, and still do, I listen to it as much as I did when I started. Usually I’ll listen to a song for around a week, then less, then get bored, but not with this, no no.
- Gold – kiiara: Goodness, this is a weird one. You don’t understand what’s happening in the chorus, and the verses are odd too, but it’s very catchy. You’ll only understand if you listen to it.
- Cruel (feat. Zayn) – Snakeships: I love this so much. It’s great to sing. Zayn, brilliant. Snakeships, absolutely fabulous. I don’t think I can get across how good this is.
- Weekend (feat. Icona Pop) – Louis The Child: I heard this a long time ago now, and I stopped listening for a while, but I was giving some recommendations to my friend and I told her about this one because I knew I had liked it, then I listened to it. It was like a spark had been rekindled; it’s still one of my favourites.
- Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber and MØ) – Major Lazer: Who doesn’t love Major Lazer? Not me. I think that makes sense. The point I was trying to get across was that I love it very much. I think it’s going to be big. BIG.
- Bonfire (feat. ALMA) – Felix Jaehn: Love this one as much as pretty much all of them. This JamList was pretty hard because I loved quite a lot of the songs equally, so 4-11 are basically the same in my eyes. Or ears.
- The Wild Life – Outasight: I shazamed this in the middle of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That’s how good it was. I could have gone home and found the soundtrack, but no, I needed it right there and then in the middle of the cinema screen. This song is so good; it had a slight Uptown Funk vibe, but any song with trumpets probably has an Uptown Funk vibe to me. But I like this song after listening to it at least 50 times, unlike the Mark Ronson song.
- Girls Talk Boys – 5 Seconds Of Summer: I like the riff. And Luke Hemmings.
- Greenlight (feat. Flo Rida and Lunchmoney Lewis) – Pitbull: Haven’t listened to this enough for it to be higher up, but I still am very fond of it. I don’t know what it is about Pitbull: I like pretty much all of his songs, but I’m not fond of Pitbull himself or his raps. Hmm. It’s probably because he’s a big headed. Yep, probably that.
- Charlemagne – Blossoms: Who doesn’t love a bit of indie rock? This is probably one of my favourite indie songs, and I know many indie songs.
- Might Not (feat. The Weeknd) – Belly: The Weeknd pretty much owns this song. I came across this again recently after complining my friend’s list of songs and she loves the Weeknd, so I thought I’d put it in.
- My Number – Foals: Thank you Radio 1 for bringing this song back in my life. Obviously quite old now, but Radio 1 played it when they were doing the coverage on Glastonbury and I turned it up loud and realised that the song could never get old.
That was my JamList, delivered a bit late, but it’s triple the size it normally would be.
Anyway, I’ve decided I’m going to open a coffee shop/café. It all started when my mother took us to Nisbets, a catering equipment supplier, let’s say, and I saw some sundae glasses and instantly fell in love. I would quickly like to point out, my mother runs a samosa stall as I have mentioned previously in other posts, we didn’t go as a fun day out.
I have created a Pinterest board and everything, and I’m going to make a page on here so you can all read how things are going.
It’s going to be a really cute café, with low lighting, candles and books. I’m going to sell brownies especially because I am a master of making brownies, and they’ll obviously need to be coffee, which at the moment is my biggest hurdle, since I’m young and not earning any money, and proper coffee machines are up to £5000. I don’t want to make instant coffee because that just seems like cheating, but I do kind of need it. I can make different types of drinks and sandwiches and desserts and brownies and tea, but I still need coffee in order to call it a café. But then again, the idea came to me yesterday and I’m planning to open next June.
And I’ll keep you all updated on the new Instagram page I’ve created. It’s for my blog so you’ll see wat I’m getting up to and interesting songs and other cool stuff so I’ll put the link somewhere so it’s accessible. Make sure to check it out! Yayaya!!
To be honest, that’s it. And this is currently two and a bit pages on Microsoft Word, meaning it’s pretty much too long. Congratulations if you’ve managed to make it this far. You guys get free coffee.