This is like the first JamList of 2016, so it has to big. By big, I mean bigger than usual.
- Cake By The Ocean – DNCE: So I was on Spotify listening to their Today’s Hits Playlist and on the cover is Joe Jonas with 3 other people and I’m like ‘who are these?’ Turns out they’re his band called DNCE and they are the best thing that has happened this year so far. I can’t believe they’re not that popular in the UK. I told my friends as so far, we’ve had a good reaction. Hopefully we hear more from them in the future.
- Toothbrush – DNCE: This is another song off their EP ‘SWAAY’. This is so close to being almost better than Cake by the Ocean. My friends disagree, but I love this song soooooo much. Please listen to it!
- Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time – Panic! At The Disco: On the 15th January, Panic! At The Disco released their new album ‘Death of a Batchelor’, which is AHMAZING. No joke. This is one of the best songs off the album, although it was very hard to decide because they’re all soooooo good!
- Magnets (feat. Lorde) – Disclosure: I love this song so much that for my Music project we have to do a 15 minute performance and this is one of the songs I have shortlisted to sing. Yep. I love it that much.
- 7 Years – Lukas Graham: I first heard this song earlier this week on Radio 1 and it literally gave me chills in the car. I don’t know why but it really affected me. I think its how it builds up and it just gets to you.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Panic! At The Disco: This is a proper fight song. Like if it was in a movie and there was a scene where two opposing sides were fighting each other, then this would be the perfect song to put in the background. Look at me, being all Hans Zimmer…
- Me, Myself & I (feat. Bebe Rexha) – G-Eazy: I was going through some stuff earlier this month and I had Spotify on shuffle and this song came on. I had heard it before hand on my occasional SoundCloud sweeps where I find little jems (such as Wombass by Tiesto and Oliver Heldens).I kind of related to it I guess and I now know all the words to it.
- Apollo – Last Dinosaurs: Even though I have listened to ‘In A Million Years’ about a billion times, one day I felt like listening to the whole thing again. SO I went on their page and it turned out there was a new release on the 31 August 2015 (I hadn’t been on their page in ages because I own all their songs anyway) and I soon discovered it was an album! Last Dinosaurs had a new album and I didn’t even know! It’s like what happened with Fall Out Boy! Anyway, this song was my favourite off the album because it has the whole 70s vibe going on.
- Evie – Last Dinosaurs: This too is off their new album. Oh My Goodness, I never mentioned what it was called. It’s called Wellness by the way. What I find really annoying is that I wanted to buy the CD and on Amazon it is £30.24: an amount of money I am not prepared to pay. Sorry. Actually to be honest, I probably would. I just wouldn’t be allowed to.
- Summer In The Winter – Kid Ink: I was sitting playing with my phone on Christmas when I discovered that when Kid Ink said ‘new music is coming sooner than you think’ he really mean it. Kid Ink release his new album Summer in the Winter on Christmas day and I have to admit, it’s probably my favourite album he’s ever done.
I would like to wish you all a very happy 2016, even though it’s a bit late. Better late than never, eh? I am going to do sit ups because my new year’s resolution is to have a six pack by the end of the year.