I think everybody has those moments when they look out the car window and a sad song comes on and then you start acting like everything in their life is bad and you look all depressed as if in a movie and then your mother looks at you and asks what’s wrong.
Ok, maybe that’s just my mother. My mother cares.
Scenario 1: In The Car With Music
- Cliché Love Song – Basim: If this song came on, I would just start dancing. I don’t care if I was in a movie. It must be a pretty happy movie if that song came on. It’s such a happy song. I love Eurovision so much.
- Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) – Gotye: The scene has to be sad if this song is coming on! I’d stare out the window and wish that my life was happier then I’d realise that I’m in a movie and that my life is actually a pretty good life.
- Push It – Salt-N-Pepa: Who wouldn’t start dancing to this? If it was a really tense scene then the radio probably
- Drop It Like It’s Hot – Snoop Dogg: I’d just sing the chorus because I don’t know the rest of it. I think this song would annoy my mother a lot. Not her style of music. She prefers Luther Vandross and a bit of Avicii.
- Drum and Bass Father – Devilman: I’d turn the radio off.*
Scenario 2: Music Playing Over A Time Lapsey Thing
You know when music is playing and you see whats been happening over time, that’s what I mean. I couldn’t find the actual name.
- Alone Together – Fall Out Boy: It depends on the movie. It would probably mean something either sad like a break-up had just happened, but if there had just been a happy reunion of a couple it would be a happy time lapse. I’ve just realised it is a really versatile song.
- Don’t Stop (Colour On The Walls) – I think if this song was on, it would be a pretty happy scene, don’t you think?
- Get Yourself Back Home (feat. Neon Hitch) – Gym Class Heroes: It’s quite simple song and it would make a great time lapsey song.
Scenario 3: A School Musical Audition / Battle Of The Bands Type Thing
- Everybody Is Gay – A Great Big World: Anybody who sings this song is awesome. It’s so happy. It’s a really happy song! I think it would be a great musical audition, it would be so much fun.
- Boulevard Of Broken Dreams – Green Day: Green Day always pops up in a Battle of the Bands scenario. I would have a few people, not to many people in the band and it would be really awesome. It’s a classic song really isn’t it?
I’ll probably do a part two of this. I am thinking of creating my own short film and if I do, I will definitely show it to you guys. 🙂
*The reasoning behind this is because it is so bad. SO BAD. A lot of people were singing it this week and I was like it sounds slightly interesting. I do not know what I was thinking.